Tuesday, February 21, 2006

melt

9comments:

Blogger Mike Machenry said...

oh man - i'm so upset for you! the most data i remember losing was one entire directory of e-mails that i had purposefully saved because they were important to me. That loss took me weeks to get over, and it's nothing like losing everything. I really hope your data can be recovered. good luck, and thanks for setting up the camera.
-serra

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you could even articulate your feelings on this subject. When computer my computer has its occasional breakdowns i usually go down with it.
We have to spend a few days curled up fetal with the covers pulled over our heads before we can even deal. It does get a bit easier everytime, though.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats it. I am backing my shit up right now.

I feel for you.

8:17 PM  
Blogger missbhavens said...

Ohsweetjesus.

I'm really, really sorry. I mean really. It's such a strange thing...to lose what essentially is intangible. It's information. Digitized memories. It's heartbreaking. It feels almost like a death. I'm astounded you could speak of the event with such clarity and calm (perhaps you worked through your "oh, crap, crap crap!" moments on your own...that's okay). I'd still be rocking back and forth in a corner.

You will rebuild!

12:12 AM  
Blogger B said...

That was an incredibly poetic way of telling a horrible story and showing a great one. I hope you get the pieces back that mattered the most, and if not, I hope it's inspiring to start over, a forced purge instead of data unfairly stolen. Good luck.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I saw a quote today (in someone's bathroom, lol) that reminded me of attitude. Long story short it says life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we respond. I can't imagine a loss like you have experienced but, already, I see bits of your attitude. You are rising out of the flames of your lost drive like the pheonix and you have already begun to recreate and create new. I look forward to more of your words, more of your stories, more of getting to know you the vlogger and person. I hope you can recover what is lost but am confident that what is to follow will just as good if not better.

5:34 PM  
Blogger somogyvari said...

Great piece of melancholia.

I feel sorry for you. Horrible!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Devin said...

That's the...beauty?.. of technology.

:flagged:

5:45 PM  
Blogger duncan speakman said...

great writing.. "7-10 business days will tell" .. love it.

d

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home