Wednesday, March 08, 2006

world maps

15comments:

Blogger Jay Dedman said...

ryan and i were talking about how this is what we always wanted.
this way of creating.
a little camera, editing software, and a short afternoon.
we always wanted to create like this.
Ryan calls it "a movie about everything I've ever known".

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the images, the voice, the process made explicit, the music the baby and the tenderness of it all!
lovely!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Jeff Marquis said...

Wow. Beautiful piece. Fine work. Thanks for sharing.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Thanks again

again because these little movies you make inspire me and wake me up from a day of expectation

12:40 PM  
Blogger Ashley Hodson said...

You inspired me to start doing voice overs, but we'll see how it goes!
I love the babies hands, how she picks things up and doesn't always put them in her mouth as they tend to do, she is really just looking.

2:57 AM  
Blogger missbhavens said...

something that struck me while watching this...she's such an unusually non-destructive baby. Your average one-year-old would have a crumply, ripping, shredding field day with all that shiny attractive paper.

She really seems to be studying them...figuring things out.

8:18 PM  
Blogger somogyvari said...

Wonderful!
A true piece of art: works on every level.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you followed your rule on this one, this is an insane effort, going well beyond the call of duty for any given afternoon.

6:25 PM  
Blogger duncan speakman said...

i've just been re-watching a lot of your films and sharing them with people.. i think this is still one of my favourites.. the mixture of a beautiful narrative and the real sense of humanity.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Michael W said...

this is my first time to see your videos and I am completely blown away by your stuff. Amazing!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your voice.

6:45 PM  
Blogger biNy said...

I am eternally greatful that I somehow stumbled upon your truely revolutionary blog. You have an amazing ability to effortlessy combine two artforms in your works. You masterfully create a new medium, that surpasses both writing and film. I am a true fan.

aslo, you cant go wrong with cute babies in my book, i have always been the advocate of creating an "all babies, all the time" channel...are you interested?

1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely loved this!! Everything about it made me smile from beginning to end :D And I completely agree with what missbhavens said, I totally expected something to get shredded or eaten (at least licked for good measure) and she was just fascinated.

Wonderful!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Publisher said...

mookie is a precious jewel. your visual and verbal narration help us understand her wisdom.

9:25 PM  
Blogger amy said...

you have a mookie. we have a shuggie. this gives me all sorts of ideas for naptime projects. very nice!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home